Honey Sriracha Steam-Roasted Carrots
Love delicious winter vegetables, roasted until they’re tender, sweet, and caramelized? Hate how freaking long it takes? Meet steam roasting, your new BFF! Fantastic for long-cooking veggies like beets and carrots, steam-roasting basically combines the best of two worlds: the rich flavors from roasting, and the cooking speed of steaming or boiling.
You will need:
- A baking dish with a lid
- Carrots- whatever quantity works with your dish
- 1C of broth, your choice
- Splash of olive oil
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1-2 tsp Sriracha or other chili sauce (sub. red pepper flake if you don’t have Sriracha)
- Garlic & Ginger (fresh or powder, about 1tsp each, entirely optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400*F
- Peel carrots and cut the ends off; if they’re a variety of thicknesses, halve or quarter them to be a roughly uniform size.
- Dump your carrots into a baking dish and drizzle with olive oil, toss to coat. If using garlic and ginger, add that here.
- Add the broth, the honey, and the sriracha. Toss or stir gently to mix. Put the lid on your baking dish, and pop that in the oven. Set a timer for 35minutes. Carrots should be fork-tender around 35-45minutes cooking.
The broth, honey, and sriracha should come together during cooking to create a sweet and spicy glaze/sauce. This side dish will definitely kick carrots up a few notches!